Monday, August 31, 2009

living

The hardest thing I've ever had to do is live with someone. Cohabitation is not easy! J. & I have lived together for about a year and we're still working out the kinks. This weekend was a little hard, we had a new roommate move in and we're still adjusting to his new schedule. We got through it though and I think we're a little stronger for it. We just had to lay down a guide lines for weekend living, the major one being no bringing work home on the weekends. With opposite schedules we don't get to see each other during the week so weekends are now for "us" time. Lucky for me we don't really argue, we discuss ( at least that's how we put it ). We don't get angry just frustrated, but this thing called a marriage is a process and a lot of work. I know we're not technically married yet, but making a commitment to be with someone whether in a romantic way or not is an agreement to take the good with the bad and work out your differences. It didn't help that I'm about to get a visit from my monthly friend, so I was a little sensitive, poor guy! Anyway, the new roommate is moved in, more on that later, sending out the last of the invitations that need to be mailed today, school starts today, and all is good (if not a little hetict) in my little portion of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment