Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Garden Gnomes!

I love garden gnomes! I have a bit of a collection and during this time of the year it seems to expand! My grandpa had gnomes in his yard in Hawthorne. Every year when my mom and dad would have a drill on the same weekend my grandma would pack my brother Tye and I into here car and we would drive down there to take a mini vacation and swim in the pool that my uncles had dug out when they were teens. My grandpa passed a while ago and one of the things I remember about his house was the gnomes in his front yard. One in particular was mooning anyone who bothered to look. Growing up in a very conservative house I found this a little shocking when I was little and now I just laugh at the memory. Last year I started my own collection and today in memory of my grandpa Steve and just to document them for my own failing memory here they are:

This one is David, he was my first, something about a book toting gnome makes me smile.
(I heard somewhere if you don't name your gnomes right away its bad luck so all my gnomes have names)

These two are Steve and Percy, ( Pam if your reading this... Really Percy!)
This one was given to me in a recent swap and was made in Ireland so I named him Sean Patrick.
And here we have Fredrick and last but not least...

Hash
I tried to load this yesterday and it wouldn't work so here it is for today's post.

1 comment: