Monday, August 17, 2009

Dinner with friends

Happy Bench Monday!



So this weekend was a slightly productive one, with a lot of movie watching and working around the house. We started painting in A.'s room as well as cleaning up his bathroom. There was some grocery shopping and some house cleaning. There was mom's weekly Sunday visit (which I look forward to every week). There was also dinner with my best friend and his new girlfriend. I think I might have went a little overboard for such a simple dinner among friends, but it's rare that I get the chance to entertain so I took full advantage. I unfortunately did not take any pictures, but let me tell you I impressed my self. Since there isn't enough room for four to eat comfortably in the house yet I set up the picnic table outside. It had the whole nine yards, flowers, candles, place mats with napkins (and napkin rings!), bread basket, everything. Like I said I went a little overboard Dinner was sheperds pie, with cheesecake and strawberrys for desert. The night was a hit and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. V.'s new girlfriend K. seems like quite the catch and I hope she sticks around for a little while.
She even brought me flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment