Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fudge & sexy librarians

I've been promising A. that I would make fudge for weeks, months even. This morning I felt ambitious and with our weekly employee meeting at work tomorrow I thought I would finally come through. The recipie is one my mother use to make when I was a little girl and it was one of the first things I remember helping her make ( the pot requires a lot of stirring perfect for little ones that want to help). I think my mom told me it was a family recipie but I'm not sure.
So to turn this:Into this:
Just do this:

Mom's Fudge

4cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup coco
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
a pinch of salt

Sift all dry ingredients together. Melt butter in a double boiler and slowly add dry ingredients with a whisk, stirring regularly to keep fudge smooth. About half way through add the milk. When all ingredients are combined pour onto a buttered or wax paper covered plate and refrigerate. Let the fudge cool for a few hours ( you can put it in the frezzer if you want to speed the process along, but it sets a little funny).
Enjoy!

W.I.P. Wednesday

I've been working on a solstice present for a friend of mine, who I'm pretty sure doesn't read this blog. She works in a Library so when I found this pattern,http://sublimestitching.com/sexylibrarians.html, from Sublime Stitching, I though it would be perfect for a new book bag!



No comments:

Post a Comment