Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I'm Back!!


Back from Santa Cruz on Sunday, then I preceded to sleep all day. I haven't gotten any pictures yet, since I forgot my camera. I'm waiting to get the pictures from my fellow traveler. I had a great time even though the weather was a little gloomy and very windy. Sunday provided the best weather, but it was, of course, the day we left. I'll post more about the trip when I have the pictures to go along with the commentary. I did finish a good book while I was gone though and thought it might be fun to review it.

The book was titled: French Milk

Author: Lucy Kinsley

It's part book, part travel journal, illustrated in almost comic book fashion. The book follows the author and her mother on their month long trip to Paris. The book is very witty at times and you find it very easy to put yourself in her place as she wanders the streets and visits the art gallery's. The book can be informative and the drawings are cute and well done. It was a quick read and perfect for the trip. Parts made me giggle out loud and I felt her loneliness when she talks about missing her boyfriend. Just because I was only gone a few days and not a month doesn't mean that I can't sympathize. I would recommend this book to any french enthusiast, and most of my friends, even those that don't read much can appreciate the humor and artistic talent that the book contains.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting! I've got my list compiled and completed (I think) of what all is going in your package! Now I just need to use tomorrow to go procure it! :)

    Can't wait to see pictures of your trip!

    ReplyDelete