Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Book Review #2

So I do read more then one book a year and listen to a plethora of audio books while at work, I just forget to post them.

The book I read last week came to me via the book donation shelf at my work, located in the cafeteria, this shelf has saved me from many a dull lunch period!


This one sucked me in from chapter 1. Written by Alexander McCall Smith, this book is the first in a series of six describes the life of Precious Ramotswe. It tells of her father and what led her to become the only lady detective in Botswana. You follow her as she solves crimes that range from an unfaithful husband to a kidnapped boy! I found this book to be a quick read and because of the way it's set up it would be great for an airplane flight or a lunch hour.



Right now I'm listening to the 5th book in Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series. All of the books so far in this set have been wonderful and really helpful in passing the time at work. If you're a fantasy-suspence lover these would be right up you're alley. I don't think I'll write a real review on these books becuse I would have to start from the begening and I read the frist book severel years ago. Take my word for it though they are well worth the read and if you get a chance to listen to them on audio the readers have the most wonderful voices ( I believe Mr. King even narates a few of them himself).

No comments:

Post a Comment